Male Abyssinian Cat Names
- Alex– Alex simply means, ‘defending men.’
- Arthur– This one means as strong as a rock, follower of Thor and noble.
- Atlas– Atlas means one who endures/ suffers.
- Bongo– This name refers to some connected drums that are played with the use of hands.
- Harley– This male Abyssinian name comes from the Harley Davidson, a renowned motorcycle brand.
- Max/ Maximillian– These two names can be used interchangeably. They are both Latin words that mean the biggest or greatest.
- Milo– This name was derived from the name of the cat in the movie known as the Milo and Otis. The name, however, has no specific meaning.
- Nemo– Nemo is a name that comes from a classic science fiction novel called, ‘Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea,’ written and published in 1870 by Jules Verne. The book featured a particular captain known as Nemo, and hence the name.
- Noah– Noah represents a Hebrew masculine name that means comfort and rest.
- Scooter– The scooter is an English name that means a crazy cool cat.
Mia- Mia is a Spanish name which is pronounced as Mee-ah, and it means mine. Some people also use it to refer to the famous soccer player, Mia Hamm.
Female Cat Names Names
- Annika– Annika originates from Sweden, and it is the most powerful Goddess in Hindu.
- Astras– Astra is Hindin word which means, a legendary supernatural weapon. Using the astras was only premited under specific conditions, Violation of which would proof fatal
- Ayla– This Hebrew word means an oak tree.
- Beth– This is an English name for a female Abyssinian meaning a house of God.
- Daisy– Daisy is a beautiful and healthy looking cat.
- Jasmine– Jasmine is a tropical plant that has fragrant flowers.
- Nala– This name comes from the Simba’s friend in The Lion King, a Disney animated movie.
- Mia– Mia is a Spanish name which is pronounced as Mee-ah, and it means mine. Some people also use it to refer to the famous soccer player, Mia Hamm.
- Sheba– Just as the name suggests, this name is derived from the legendary Queen of Sheba.
- Clem– from Clement.
Marble- A fantastic name if your cat is light gray or white, exactly like precious marble
Abyssinian Kitten Names For The Wild And Exotic
- Amber– Amber is a color between orange and gold.
- Butterscotch– Sweet name for a Abyssinian with warm gold fur.
- Cheetah– Big, fast and agile.
- Ginger– Great name if his/her fur is of reddish marking.
- Hunter– All cats, to the core, are hunters. This name is as fun as it is cool.
- Mowgli– Originally from the jungle. This name is perfectly accurate.
- Leo– Gangstar cat name. Modern and loved by younger generations.
- Leopard– great if your Abyssinian actually looks like a baby leopard.
- Lion/Lioness– Casue Abyssinian s are the furry kings and queens of the house.
- Lynx– Because Lynxes are cool YO!
- Marble– A fantastic name if your cat is light gray or white, exactly like precious marble
- Ocelot– A dwarf leopard that lives in South America.
- Onyx– Absolutely cool sounding name for black Abyssinian cats;
- Pepper– If you don’t like Onyx, you can go for pepper;
- Shadow– sounds like a ninja’s name.
- Speckles– The name says it all.
- Spot– A classic, common and cute name;
- Sunset– The beautiful coloring of many Abyssinian cats look almost like a sunset.
- Tiger/Tigress– One of the greatest felines.
Earl (or Lady!) Grey- Tea lovers will enjoy this one. A regal name for a regal gray kitty of any shade!
- Anchovy- Abyssinian Cats love fish, and anchovies are naturally a shimmery silver! An unusual choice, but still adorable.
- Aslan– Aslan the lion is on of the main characters “The Chronicles of Narnia”.
- Artemis- For the Greek goddess of the beautiful silver moon. Also goddess of the hunt, and we all know what fearsome hunters Abyssinian cats are!
- Ash- This can be short for either Ashton (for a male kitten) or Ashley (for a female), but either way, it evokes gray ashes. Great for an Abyssinian cat.
- Axel- This cool name means someone who likes peace.
- Bagheera– The black panther in “The Jungle Book”;
- Bengie– A cute word pun on the Abyssinian name.
- Blaze– A great name for a fast animal.
- Diana- Artemis’ Roman counterpart. Also appropriate if your kitten is a little diva (as in Diana Ross!).
- Disco- For a silver mirrored disco ball.
- Dusty- A classic name for an Abyssinian cat.
- Garfield– Beacuse Garfield is a boss!
- Earl (or Lady!) Grey- Tea lovers will enjoy this one. A regal name for a regal gray kitty of any shade!
- Lazarus- This name is often associated with being raised from the dead. Exotic indeed!
- Mack (the Knife)- A tough name for a tough male Abyssinian kitten.
- Maverick- This name means someone who plays by their own rules.
Sterling- Sterling, as in silver. A wonderful option, especially for a light grey or silvery cat!
- Mackerel- Like anchovies, mackerel are a beautiful shimmery silver colour– much like your gray cat!
- Misty- Lovely for a lighter gray cat, bringing to mind beautiful gray mist on a mountain.
- Monarch- For a very regal Abyssinian kitten indeed!
- Norm- This name means from the North.
- Opal- Wonderful for a gray cat with white spots, reminiscent of a multi-coloured opal stone!
- Orion- This is the name of a mightier hunter in astronomy.
- Pepper- Another one that would be good for an Abyssinian cat with white markings, or even a tabby!
- Pearl- Wonderful for a female kitten with lighter-coloured grey fur, Pearl is a lovely classic name.
- Prewitt- This odd name means a small but brave creature.
- Rajah– The tiger in Aladdin;
- Saber– As a tribute to the great saber-toothed cats.
- Salem– Often used in movies as the name of a witch’s cat.
- Scar– Simba’s evil uncle in “The Lion King”Simba: the main character in “The Lion King” .movies.
- Smokey- A classic moniker that works well for a male kitten.
- Soren- This powerful name means thunder.
- Sterling- Sterling, as in silver. A wonderful option, especially for a light grey or silvery cat!
Periwinkle- A nice alternative to Lilac that would suit either gender.
- Rasputin- You could name your exotic cat after the Russian prognosticator.
- Zane- Is a Hebrew form of John.
- Rocco- This tough-sounding Italian name actually means rest.
- Simba- This African name become far more popular after the movie “The Lion King”.
- Xander- This is short form of the Greek name Alexander.
- Tinsel- A fun festive name, evoking the holidays and glitter all at once! Great for a female cat.
- Silver Bell- For your Christmas kitty– or anyone who loves the holidays!
- Zorro- Another name that evokes toughness as well as shining silver blades.
- Inky- While many might associate this name with black cats, it is also a wonderful and unusual name choice for a dark Abyssinian kitten.
- Topaz- For smokey gray topaz, a wonderful name for a female Abyssinian kitten.
- Twilight- The grayish colour of the sky at dusk makes this name perfect for your Abyssinian kitten!
- Blue- Refers to a cat’s colouring. It is a sweet name for an Abyssinian cat.
- Periwinkle- A nice alternative to Lilac that would suit either gender.
- Mouse- A cute name for your little mouser!
- Smudge- A sweet name for an Abyssinian cat, and even sweeter if that gray has a little bit of another colour mixed in!
- Foggy- Evoking silver-gray foggy mornings.
Pebble- Does your Abyssinian cat’s sleek fur remind you of a gray pebble on the beach? This might be the name for you!
- Nickels- A cute name for an Abyssinian cat whose fur shines like coins!
- Pebble- Does your Abyssinian cat’s sleek fur remind you of a gray pebble on the beach? This might be the name for you!
- Shade- Another classic name that works for either gender.
- Vergrys- Afrikaans for “Gray”.
- Slate- The colour of a slate stone is gray.
- Bluebell- Much like “blue”, this is a name that only an Abyssinian cat could pull off!
- Mercury- Just like the liquid metal or the Roman trickster/messenger god, your choice!
- Pinot Gris- A cute name for a wine lover’s cat!
- Garfield- Beacuse Garfield is a boss!
- Miki– Is a lovely princess.
- Emi– Means a beautiful blessing.
- Masaru– Means a righteous being.
- Riku– Is a strong name that means of the earth or the land.
Riku– Is a strong name that means of the earth or the land.
Do you have other interesting Abyssinian cat names you would like to share with us?.