Our Review ProcessOur reviews are based on extensive research and, when possible, hands-on testing. Each time you make a purchase through one of our independently-chosen links, we’ll receive a percentage of the proceeds. Read more about how we’re supported here.
While kittens can benefit from the same kind of cat litter as larger cats, their habits with that litter can be very different. They may play in it or even ingest it, and that can be dangerous if the litter contains harmful chemicals, as many types of cat litter do. That’s why it is important to choose the right kind of litter for your kitten.
How We Tested:
- We purchased the best cat litters for kittens on the market today
- We spent a few weeks testing the cat litters on several cats
- We did not receive these product in exchange for a favorable review, they were purchased with our own money
At a Glance: Our Top Picks for Best Cat Litters for Kittens
Want a quick look at the products reviewed in this article? In the comparison table below, we’ve highlighted some of the most important features of each product. You’ll find more detailed information about each product later in the article.
You want something that will effectively get rid of smells, be easy to clean up and yet be safe for your kitten. We are going to show you 11 different cat litter products that we believe are the best on the market.
Best Rated Cat Litters for Kittens Reviewed
It’s time to have a closer look at our picks for the best cat litter for kittens. There are other options out there, but we chose these because of their high quality and suitability for kittens.
What You Should Consider Before You Buy?
Before you purchase one of the suggestions from our list or another kind of cat litter for your kitten, there are a few things that would be wise to keep in mind:
- Clumping litter isn’t always the best option- Cat litter that clumps together is something that kittens love to play with it, and if they start to play with it, then they will likely try to eat it, according to Petful.com. While clumping litter may be convenient for you and make for easy cleanup, it poses the highest risk of ingestion for your cat.
- Some types of litter are safer than others- There are a few different kinds of litter, and certain natural litter materials are much safer than other kinds. You can buy litter that is made from clay, paper, wood, wheat and other substances, and knowing your cat’s allergies and what they are sensitive to will help you make the right choice.
- Silica litter is best for older cats- While silica litter is very popular, if your cat is less than four months old, then ingesting a lot of this can be really bad for their digestive system, says TheNest.com. Wait until your kitten is a bit older to allow them to use silica-based cat litter.
- Talk to your vet- If you have concerns about allergies or about your cat’s litter habits and you are not sure what to do and what litter to buy, then you probably want to to talk to your veterinarian. Find out what their recommendation is to ensure you make the right decision.
Now that you have seen our choices for the best kitten litter, we hope that you can find something that works well for you and for your cat with in your budget. Please let us know if we can provide you with any more information to help you make the right choice for cat litter.