Our Review ProcessOur reviews are based on extensive research and, when possible, hands-on testing. Each time you make a purchase through one of our independently-chosen links, we’ll receive a percentage of the proceeds. Read more about how we’re supported here.
Veterinary review of this article includes only the medical information in this article. The veterinarian reviewing this article does not personally endorse, recommend, or vouch for the efficacy or claims of any product mentioned in this article.
If you have more than one cat in your home, then you already know that they will likely pollute the litter box pretty quickly.
As good as your litter box may be, having multiple cats using a single litter box can mean that you will need to completely change the litter out more often, but you can keep that replacement schedule to about once a week if you use the right multiple-cat litter product.
There are a number of quality cat litter products that are designed specifically for multi-cat households, and we want to highlight a few of them here for you.
How We Tested:
- We purchased some of the best cat litters on the market today
- We spent a few weeks testing the cat litters on several cats
- We did not receive these product in exchange for a favorable review, they were purchased with our own money
At a Glance: Our Top Picks for Best Cat Litter for Multiple Cats
Want a quick look at the products reviewed in this article? In the comparison table below, we’ve highlighted some of the most important features of each product. You’ll find more detailed information about each product later in the article.
- Helps alert you to changes in your cat’s urine
- Lightweight silica materials, soft sand-like texture
- Dehydrates solid waste, eliminates liquid waste
- Works very quickly to get rid of odors
- Ideal for sensitive cats
- Allergen free
6 Best-Rated Cat Litters for Multiple Cats
These are the very best litter products for households where there are multiple cats.
Things To Consider Before Buying Cat Litter Products
If you are picking out a multi-cat litter product, you will need to keep a few things in mind to improve your chances of being happy with the final results:
- You may need multiple boxes- It may be a good idea to buy enough cat litter to keep a couple of litter boxes full. If you have multiple cats, some cats may be territorial and not let other cats use the same litter box they like to use. According to TheNest.com, having multiple boxes can cut down on a lot of fighting between your cats.
- Pick something that your cat will be okay with- Some cats are very picky about the kind of litter they get: clumping or non-clumping, scented or unscented. You may have to perform some trial and error to find out what your cat prefers.
- Know your cat’s allergies- Some cats will be allergic to the ingredients in certain cat litter products, so make sure you check ahead of time for what your cat has a sensitivity to. You may not find out until you put the litter into the box, and if your cat does have a reaction, you need to change out that litter quickly.
Also Read: 5 Best Pet Stain And Odor Removers
We have put this list together for your benefit, and we certainly hope that one of these cat litter products does the trick and keeps your multiple-cat household smelling great. Be sure to look closely at the advantages and disadvantages of what we have covered to find a cat litter that will be perfect for your home.