Crystal cat litter is becoming more popular as it reaches the mainstream and consumers are starting to see the benefits. There are some definite advantages to using crystal cat litter over traditional cat litter products. For one, they absorb more cat urine than clay and most other litter products.
At a Glance: Our Top Picks for Best Crystal Cat Litter
Want a quick look at the products reviewed in this article? In the comparison table below, we’ve highlighted some of the most important features of each product. You’ll find more detailed information about each product later in the article.
- Lightweight silica crystal formula
- Absorbs liquid and urine odor
- One bag lasts a full 30 days
According to Kitty Catter.com, crystals generally hold up to 40% of their own weight in water, which makes them effective at keeping the litter box dry and comfortable for your cat.
You also need to change out the litter box less often with crystals, and this litter is often sold in small bags. That can be convenient for some cat owners who have trouble lifting heavy bags of traditional cat litter.
Top 6 Best Rated Crystal Cat Litters
There are six crystal cat litter products we want to take a look at. We hope one of these will be right for you and your cat.
What You Need to Consider Before a Purchase Crystal Cat Litter
It’s not a good idea to buy just any crystal cat litter. Not all of them are worth your money and not all will be right for your cat and its needs. We want to give you a few pointers that will help you make the right decisions for you and your feline friend:
- Don’t use crystal litter with declawed cats- Not all cats can handle the rougher surface of the crystal, as compared to traditional cat litter granules. If you have a declawed cat, then you need to realize that its paws will be very sensitive, and it may not want to use this litter, as per VetInfo.com.
- Buy a small bag- You won’t need a lot of litter to start with if you are buying crystal cat litter. It doesn’t have to be changed out as often as regular litter, so try to forgo spending a bunch of money on a big bag at first to see how long a small bag lasts you.
- Watch the smell- When buying any kind of litter, crystal or otherwise, be sure to check how strong the scent is. Most cats won’t like a strongly-scented litter, and you don’t want to waste your money on something like that.
- Buy appropriately- If you have kittens, then you want to wait on the crystal litter for now. They tend to eat this kind of litter, which can be very dangerous for them, as per Consumer Research.
There you have it- our look at the very best in crystal cat litter products. Maybe one of these will be perfect for your cat, or maybe we just gave you enough information to make in an informed buying decision.
Either way, we hope you enjoyed our look at crystal cat litter and found something of use here. Please feel free to look at our many other guides for finding the right litter for your cat.