The Bengal cat is an interesting and unique breed that possesses exquisite patterns and colors which provide them with a decorative value when following a healthy diet. Here are the top male and female Bengal names with meanings.
Male Bengal Cat Names
- Noah- Noah represents a Hebrew masculine name that means comfort and rest.
- Milo- This name was derived from the name of the cat in the movie known as the Milo and Otis. The name, however, has no specific meaning.
- Atlas- Atlas means one who endures/ suffers.
- Harley- This male Bengal name comes from the Harley Davidson, a renowned motorcycle brand.
- Arthur- This one means as strong as a rock, follower of Thor and noble.
- Nemo- Nemo is a name that comes from a classic science fiction novel called, ‘Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea,’ written and published in 1870 by Jules Verne. The book featured a particular captain known as Nemo, and hence the name.
- Bongo- This name refers to some connected drums that are played with the use of hands.
- Alex- Alex simply means, ‘defending men.’
- Max/ Maximillian- These two names can be used interchangeably. They are both Latin words that mean the biggest or greatest.
- Scooter- The scooter is an English name that means a crazy cool cat.
Female Cat Names Names
- Ayla- This Hebrew word means an oak tree.
- Jasmine- Jasmine is a tropical plant that has fragrant flowers.
- Daisy- Daisy is a beautiful and healthy looking cat.
- Alexa- Almost similar to Alex. Alexa means, ‘defending men.’
- Beth- This is an English name for a female Bengal meaning a house of God.
- Annika- Annika originates from Sweden, and it is the most powerful Goddess in Hindu.
- Nala- This name comes from the Simba’s friend in The Lion King, a Disney animated movie.
- Mia- Mia is a Spanish name which is pronounced as Mee-ah, and it means mine. Some people also use it to refer to the famous soccer player, Mia Hamm.
- Sheba- Just as the name suggests, this name is derived from the legendary Queen of Sheba.
- Astras- Astra is Hindin word which means, a legendary supernatural weapon. Using the astras was only premited under specific conditions, Violation of which would proof fatal
Bengal Kitten Names For The Wild And Exotic
- Cheetah- Big, fast and agile.
- Hunter- All cats, to the core, are hunters. This name is as fun as it is cool.
- Mowgli- Originally from the jungle. This name is perfectly accurate.
- Leo- Gangstar cat name. Modern and loved by younger generations.
- Leopard- great if your Bengal actually looks like a baby leopard.
- Lion/Lioness- Casue Bengals are the furry kings and queens of the house.
- Lynx- Because Lynxes are cool YO!
- Ocelot- A dwarf leopard that lives in South America.
- Tiger/Tigress- One of the greatest felines.
Names Based on Appearance
- Amber- Amber is a color between orange and gold.
- Butterscotch- Sweet name for a Bengal with warm gold fur.
- Ginger- Great name if his/her fur is of reddish marking.
- Marble- A fantastic name if your cat is light gray or white, exactly like precious marble.
- Onyx- Absolutely cool sounding name for black Bengal cats;
- Pepper- If you don’t like Onyx, you can go for pepper;
- Shadow- sounds like a ninja’s name.
- Speckles- The name says it all.
- Spot- A classic, common and cute name.
- Sunset- The beautiful coloring of many Bengal cats look almost like a sunset.
- Aslan- Aslan the lion is on of the main characters “The Chronicles of Narnia”.
- Bagheera- The black panther in “The Jungle Book”;
- Bengie- A cute word pun on the Bengal name.
- Blaze- A great name for a fast animal.
- Garfield- Beacuse Garfield is a boss!
- Rajah- The tiger in Aladdin;
- Saber- As a tribute to the great saber-toothed cats.
- Salem- Often used in movies as the name of a witch’s cat.
- Scar- Simba’s evil uncle in “The Lion King”Simba: the main character in “The Lion King” movies.
- Smokey- A classic moniker that works well for a male kitten.
- Earl (or Lady!) Grey- Tea lovers will enjoy this one. A regal name for a regal gray kitty of any shade!
- Sterling- Sterling, as in silver. A wonderful option, especially for a light grey or silvery cat!
- Pearl- Wonderful for a female kitten with lighter-coloured grey fur, Pearl is a lovely classic name.
- Rasputin- You could name your exotic cat after the Russian prognosticator.
- Prewitt- This odd name means a small but brave creature.
- Soren- This powerful name means thunder.
- Norm- This name means from the North.
- Axel- This cool name means someone who likes peace.
- Zane- Is a Hebrew form of John.
- Orion- This is the name of a mightier hunter in astronomy.
- Rocco- This tough-sounding Italian name actually means rest.
- Lazarus- This name is often associated with being raised from the dead. Exotic indeed!
- Maverick- This name means someone who plays by their own rules.
- Simba- This African name become far more popular after the movie “The Lion King”.
- Xander- This is short form of the Greek name Alexander.
- Ash- This can be short for either Ashton (for a male kitten) or Ashley (for a female), but either way, it evokes gray ashes. Great for a dark gray cat.
- Misty- Lovely for a lighter gray cat, bringing to mind beautiful gray mist on a mountain.
- Tinsel- A fun festive name, evoking the holidays and glitter all at once! Great for a female cat.
- Disco- For a silver mirrored disco ball.
- Anchovy- Cats love fish, and anchovies are naturally a shimmery silver! An unusual choice, but still adorable.
- Opal- Wonderful for a gray cat with white spots, reminiscent of a multi-coloured opal stone!
- Silver Bell- For your Christmas kitty– or anyone who loves the holidays!
- Mackerel- Like anchovies, mackerel are a beautiful shimmery silver colour– much like your gray cat!
- Pepper- Another one that would be good for a gray cat with white markings, or even a tabby!
- Mack (the Knife)- A tough name for a tough male kitten.
- Zorro- Another name that evokes toughness as well as shining silver blades.
- Monarch- For a very regal gray kitten indeed!
- Artemis- For the Greek goddess of the beautiful silver moon. Also goddess of the hunt, and we all know what fearsome hunters cats are!
- Diana- Artemis’ Roman counterpart. Also appropriate if your kitten is a little diva (as in Diana Ross!).
- Dusty- A classic name for a gray cat.
- Inky- While many might associate this name with black cats, it is also a wonderful and unusual name choice for a dark gray kitten.
- Topaz- For smokey gray topaz, a wonderful name for a female kitten.
- Twilight- The grayish colour of the sky at dusk makes this name perfect for your gray kitten!
- Blue- “Blue”, as in Russian Blue, refers to a cat’s colouring. It is a sweet name for a gray cat.
- Periwinkle- A nice alternative to Lilac that would suit either gender.
- Mouse- A cute name for your little mouser!
- Smudge- A sweet name for a gray cat, and even sweeter if that gray has a little bit of another colour mixed in!
- Foggy- Evoking silver-gray foggy mornings.
- Nickels- A cute name for a gray cat whose fur shines like coins!
- Pebble- Does your cat’s sleek fur remind you of a gray pebble on the beach? This might be the name for you!
- Shade- Another classic name that works for either gender.
- Vergrys- Afrikaans for “Gray”.
- Slate- The colour of a slate stone is gray.
- Bluebell- Much like “blue”, this is a name that only a gray cat could pull off!
- Mercury- Just like the liquid metal or the Roman trickster/messenger god, your choice!
- Pinot Gris- A cute name for a wine lover’s cat!
- Paws- This one was just going to have to be on the list. With a name just as common as this, it is also very memorable for the whole family.
- Blossom- Who does not love the Power Puff Girls? While Buttercup and Bubbles would make terrific names, Blossom stands out as the most pleasant.
- Tina- This name is very cute and suitable for just about any kitten.
- Envy- Kittens get jealous too, and at some point they want your attention just like little babies.
- Loco- Loco is Spanish for crazy for all of those that do not know.
- Dream- Kittens love to sleep and daydream. This sounds befitting.
Do you have other interesting Bengal cat names you would like to share with us?.
Please let us know in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good name for a Bengal cat?
Choose a majestic name for your Bengal cat - from Aslan to Simba, your furry king of the jungle deserves an appropriate title!
What are rare cat names?
Express your kitty’s uniqueness with a rare cat name such as Tisiphone, Ragnar, Velvet, Bamboo, Bernadette, Madrigal, Muse, Saoirse, Bard, Jericho, Pirate or Willoughby.
Your feline companion will stand out from the crowd!
What is the cutest cat name?
Make your cat a star with one of these adorable names - Daisy, Gracie, Rosie, Kiki, Pumpkin, Mocha, Mittens, or Boo!
Each of these top 20 cute cat names are perfect for your beloved feline.
What are some distinctive Bengal cat names based on appearance?
Choose distinctive names like ‘Tiger’, ‘Tigress’, ‘Ginger’, ‘Speckles’, and ‘Amber’ to capture your Bengal cat’s unique beauty!
What is the significance of the name 'Leopard' for a Bengal cat?
The name ‘Leopard’ for a Bengal cat is incredibly fitting as it reflects the beautiful rosette-shaped markings on their coat, just like those of a leopard!
The rosettes are usually a deep brown or black color, and they are often arranged in a circular pattern. This pattern is unique to each Bengal cat, making them truly one-of-a-kind.
Do you have other interesting Bengal cat names you would like to share with us?
Please let us know in the comments section.