For the cats that are extraordinary and something special, a normal cat name like Whiskers or Mittens will simply not do. Here are 101 of the best wild and exotic cat names for you to pick from.
Male Cat Names
- Saber- This French word means sword
- Moses- This uncommon Hebrew name speaks of wisdom and power.
- Boldness- This is a great name for a brave cat.
- Jupiter- This was the name of a Roman god of war.
- Zeus- This was the most powerful Greek god.
- Lancelot- This knightly name was that of one of King Arthur’s soldiers.
- Merlin- A wizard in King Arthur stories.
- Ulrich- Russian word that means wolf.
- Dante- Hero of literary legend.
- Hercules- This Greek god’s name should be reserved for strong cats.
- Buddha- Appropriate for larger cats.
- Hermes- A speedy Greek god that is suitable for fast cats.
- Jett- Named after the black precious stone.
- Phoenix- Like the fiery bird of mythology that constantly comes back to life.
- Mekhi- This is the Russian version of Michael.
- Ramses- This is the name of an Egyptian god.
- Balthazar- This is a strong name for a male cat.
- Shem- A Hebrew who was the son of the Biblical Noah.
- Napoleon- Name your bossy cat after the conqueror.
- Genghis Khan- Or you could go with this conqueror.
- Leonardo- Named after the painter or the ninja turtle.
- Jibri- This Arabic form of Gabriel is a strong name.
- Enzo- It is an Italian name with the same meaning as Henry.
- Hans- This Dutch name means graciousness.
- Mercury- Like the ancient god or the metal.
- Quicksilver- Another metallic name that is great for a fast cat.
- Sylvester- This Italian name is the name of a movie star and a cartoon character.
- Asher- This Hebrew name means happy.
- Piper- This British name means just what you think it does- a piper player.
- Ugo- This is a Nigerian name for eagles.
- Siri- Forget the AI and call your cat this name that means tiger.
- Ninja- You could name your dark cat after a Japanese warrior.
- Samurai- This is another great Japanese name for a cat, thanks to their sharp claws.
- Raptor- Good hunters could be named after the dangerous dinosaur.
- Zigzag- This a great name for cats with unusual patterns on them.
- Verdun- This is a good name for tortoiseshell cats, as it means green.
- Panda- A great name for black and white cats.
- Kameko- This Japanese name means a superior creature, as many cats feel they are.
- Leonidas- This king’s name is a wonderful play on lions.
- Rasputin- You could name your exotic cat after the Russian prognosticator.
- Prewitt- This odd name means a small but brave creature.
- Soren- This powerful name means thunder.
- Norm- This name means from the North.
- Axel- This cool name means someone who likes peace.
- Zane- Is a Hebrew form of John.
- Orion- This is the name of a mightier hunter in astronomy.
- Rocco- This tough-sounding Italian name actually means rest.
- Lazarus- This name is often associated with being raised from the dead. Exotic indeed!
- Maverick- This name means someone who plays by their own rules.
- Simba- This African name become far more popular after the movie The Lion King.
- Xander- This is short form of the Greek name Alexander.
- Katana- Here is a Japanese word for sword.
- Guinevere- This was the name of King Arthur’s wife.
- Morgan le Fey- This is the name of a powerful witch in Arthurian legend.
- Lotus- A kind of Japanese flower.
- Priya- This Sanskrit word means love.
- Ambrosia- This is the Spanish word for divine.
- Nova- This Latin name means star or newness.
- Angelika- This is a form of the word angel.
- Antoinette– This French name means very praiseworthy.
- Akila- This is an Egyptian name meaning wise.
- Zaliki- This exotic name means well born.
- Svana- This is an Icelandic name meaning swan.
- Raquel- This Hebrew moniker means innocent.
- Nur- This Arabic name means light.
- Layla- Is considered a musical name which means night child.
- Coco- This French name means help or helper.
- Dita- This fun name means happy fighting in Czech.
- Naomi- This is a Hebrew name that is associated with wisdom and kindness.
- Nia- This is actually one of the days of Kwanza.
- Christmas- This is such a cute name for a white cat.
- Pandora- This mythological character’s name is criminally underused, we think.
- Ziva- This Israeli name is one of the days of the nation’s independence celebration.
- Nefertiti- This is an Egyptian goddess’ name.
- Sofia- This popular name comes from Greek culture.
- Adeline- German name meaning nobility.
- Odine- This Latin name means wise lady.
- Parthena- A name that means purity, and that is great for white or single-colored cats.
- Siona- This Indian name translates as star.
- Sadira- It is the Persian word for lotus plant.
- Nadia- This is a beautiful Russian name.
- Fanaka- This Swahili name means generous.
- Dondi- This means a royal or regal lady, and many cats act like they are indeed royalty.
- Calithea- This exotic name means beauty.
- Penelope- Is a beautiful Spanish name.
- Sage- This name means wise.
- Aislin- This Irish name means vision.
- Bodhi- This is the name of a tree.
- Fleur- This French word means flower.
- Flavia- This Italian word means blonde or golden.
- Jemima- This beautiful Hebrew name means dove.
- Kali- Is an African name meaning energetic.
- Leonora- Is ancient Greek for light.
- Olympia- Named after Mount Olympus in Greece.
- Selene- is a Greek name with connotations of the moon.
- Luna- This Spanish word means moon.
- Yolanda- A Greek name that means flower.
- Valda- This Latin moniker means brave.
- Talia- This exquisite Hebrew names means dew of heaven.
- Taj- A word in Sanskrit that means crown.
- Reza- This Persian name means will.
Did one of those names stick out for you? We hope you find a few that tickle your fancy and seem like the perfect name for your amazing feline friend.
Thank you so much I loved these amazing names I even found my name this site was lots of help because my dogs name is Roxy so if I get a cat then I will def come back to this site
Thanks for the support, Naomi!